Tuesday 26 August 2008

A weekend in Melbourne


First of all note that the colour of the text in this posting is blue (just to remind me how cold it was). A good dumping of snow apparently also occurred in the outlying areas of Melbourne, all I know is that it was cold, or maybe I'm just getting soft from 3 years of Fiji. Don't know how we'll get on back in Auckland next year - guess we will be investing heavily in thermals.


It is always great to visit Melbourne, I really love the feel of the city and of course the opportunity to catch up with old friends. Not old, old friends just friends we've known a long time is what I mean, and be included in the celebration of the year (Brian's 50th). I went along armed with my camera but only managed a few shots I'm afraid - maybe needed a few more wines to improve my confidence as a papparatzie.




Was also too slow to get a photo of the cake, but got a good one of the excellent cupcake tower.



which also brought to mind the following YouTube (hope you enjoy)


No comments: